LEAP - linking Education & Parents
It’s a fact… the more involved parents are in their children’s learning the more likely it is that the child will succeed in school… and life!
LEAP (Linking Education and Parents) is a program that offers a unique way to spend time with your children and make sure the time is spent wisely. Parents not only get to work with their children on a one-on-one basis but are able to collaborate with their child’s teacher to improve academic achievement. You and your child will have the opportunity to work on reading, math, writing and language. We provide the materials, software, computers, books, etc. to assist parents and student in the important tasks of academic support.
Homework assistance is an essential component of the LEAP program. Not only do students get the best help available, they also get the opportunity to help their children succeed at home and at school.
Please stop by and visit the LEAP room. How can you help?
- Read to your child daily.
- Create a ‘safe’ environment where your child is loved, praised, and trusted.
- Foster good communication with your child.
- Get to know your child’s teachers and what is being taught.
- Contact your child’s school and become involved in its programs.
- Be sure your child is healthy and rested.
- Believe in your child’s potential.